[opencms-dev] Several questions regarding capabilities of OpenCMS

Erik Norvelle norvelle at Ag.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 29 15:24:34 CET 2002

Greetings:

I'm new to the openCMS project, and am evaluating its use in a project for
our college.  I have several questions, which weren't answered by my perusal
of the mailing list archives:

1) Does OpenCMS support storage of arbitrary metadata alongside content
objects?  Specifically, since our office uses textual data extensively, can
I store Dublin Core metadata alongside the text objects that I put into
OpenCMS.
2) Can I store raw XML documents into the OpenCMS?  I am looking to have our
users author using a subset of DocBook.
3) Is there any support for handing off transformation/presentation layer
work to Apache Cocoon.  I have a lot of experience with XSLT & FOP, and want
to keep that as my template/transformation environment.

Thanks very much for your assistance,
Erik

Erik Norvelle
Support Systems Analyst, Sr.
Distributed Learning Laboratory
Educational Communications and Technologies
College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
The University of Arizona

Phone: 520-621-7663
Fax: 520-626-8688
email: norvelle at ag.arizona.edu
Address: 224 Forbes Bldg., Tucson, AZ 85721