[opencms-dev] FW: Help needed: hyperlinks to https pages

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Wed Nov 13 18:30:13 CET 2002

I made this post yesterday but I didn't see it arrive in the Forum. I
have got a little further but am still having some problems.

I realized that I didn't need the initial cycle that shows the page to
be https, but I do need the response to be https. So I hard-coded the
submit action to https://localhost:8443/.... and the data is now sent
over https.

But I have another problem. Now that I'm in https, all the links on the
navigation bars that should be just http, also show up as https.

I looked at the LinkSubstitution.getLinkSubstitution method and found
that, in online mode, it determines http or https based not upon the
export propery set for the page, but based upon the current scheme. So
once in https, all links are resolved to https unless they are
hard-coded to http.

Is this a bug or is there (more likely) something I am doing wrong?

Best wishes,
             Ivan