[opencms-dev] can I change the opencms context and export directory?

Salvador Santander Gutierrez salvador.santander.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Thu Jan 15 09:19:02 CET 2004

I've changed the opencms to the name 'intranet' and the name of the export
directory. Could be this a problem for the future? We are having problems
with our server and I want to know if this could be the problem.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 and I've changed the context changing the name of
the directory to 'intranet', and changed the <servlet> directive in web.xml
of opencms to redirect request to /intranet/* to OpenCms servlet.
To change the export directory:
- I've changed the property of 'opencms.properties
'staticexport.path=/exported'
- I've created a directory 'exported' with right access in
'/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/intranet/'
- Also I've changed the properties in opencms.properties:
     - url_prefix_export=/${WEB_APP_NAME}/exported
     - url_prefix_http=/${WEB_APP_NAME}/notexported

With this changes, to access to the dinamyc content of opencms the request
must be like 'http://server:8080/intranet/notexported/....' and to access to
exported pages 'http://server:8080/intranet/exported/....'

Is this correct? Changing this is dangerous for the correct operation of
opencms?

Thanks.