[opencms-dev] deleting a file

bart vandendriessche bart at nascom.be
Thu Dec 23 19:03:13 CET 2004

thanks for the reply,

But i think you misunderstood, I am having this issue in the offline
project. In fact I have the administration point of the module set up so
that it cannot be accessed from the online project (it's grayed out).
The solution of creating a new offline project seems like a huge
workaround, especially since this kind of functionality will occur more
then once, the idea is that the people that will manage the site will be
able to manage structured content, such as eg newspost from within the
admin point. They will create it by filling out a form, which is
converted to a JavaBean, which is then serialized to a small XML file.
After adding something this way, they can edit / publish / delete it.
Everything works fine, except the deleting part.
Anyhow, I think you can see how creating a new project for this stuff
would be a bit of a hassle, at the same time, this also means I can lock
 > touch > publish stuff without a problem. The only issue is deleting,
and more particularly, the "publishing" of a delete. The file is marked
as deleted in the offline project (striked through) yet it still exists
in its published form, and there seems to be no way for me to get rid of it.

Thanks for trying to help out, hope you have some more ideas, and happy
holidays :)

-bart