[opencms-dev] opencms 6 | where to put class files

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Wed Mar 15 08:06:12 CET 2006

Joachim Zittmayr wrote:
> hello ocms.dev.list!
>
> where do i have to put (new) class files?
> can i put them just under a module classes folder (e.g.
> my.mod.submodule/classes/classname.class)?
> what else do i have to consider? it seems as if the newly created class
> is not "recognized". i added a method, but i can't use it in a e.g.
> jsp-template (method foo(String) is undefined for the type bar)
>
> thanks 4 ur help!
> joachim

Jonathan has made the most points clear,

- you should create a module by using the workplace functions
- within the modules directory - use the classes subfolder for classes
or the lib subfolder for jars
- then you have to PUBLISH your project, before the lib/class - files
will really be used in their latest version. This is important to
understand.
  changes to JSP files and other stuff will work directly work in
offline mode, that is: before publishing. But changed classes will only
be used after publishing your changes to the online project

This is the cleanest way to do it and the way it is meant.

Hth
christian