[opencms-dev] About new Resource types for opencms 6.0.4

ANKIT SURESH AGARWAL, Noida ankit_agarwal at hcl.in
Mon Jan 21 10:21:14 CET 2008

Hi,

    I have been learning and exploring opencms for last two months. I am
using version 6.0.4 as it is the application used by my web application.
I am facing this problem of adding new resource type.

Details:

    I have this XSD file named as myarticle.xsd. I have stored it in the
sites/default/myfolder/.

    Now  when I make a Html file using this XSD. Everything works fine.
That means everything is fine with the xsd file. Now I have made changes
in opencms-vfs.xml and opencms-workplace.xml to include this as a new
resource type. The changed details are added below please check.

In opencms-vfs.xml:

     1.   <type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent"
id="202" name="myarticle">

                                                            <param
name="schema">/sites/default/myfolder/myarticle.xsd</param>

                                                </type>

In opencms-workplace.xml:

    1.  <explorertype name="myarticle" key="fileicon.myarticle"
icon="myarticle.gif" reference="xmlcontent">

                                                <newresource
uri="newresource_xmlcontent.jsp?newresourcetype=myarticle" order="32"/>

                                    </explorertype>

Also I have added "fileicon.myarticle" label in workplace.propertied
present in classes of frontend.templateone.xmlcontentdemo present in the
modules and added a icon in resources/filetypes/myartice.gif.

Now when I restart tomcart using service runner present in the bin of
tomcat program files. And click on new resources. It doesn't display the
icon and the title but  I am able to create new article. Where is the
problem can u please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankit Agarwal

Software Engineer -IBM COE