[opencms-dev] Implementation advice

Cesare Montresor c.montresor at netspin.it
Mon Feb 25 11:43:43 CET 2008

I come from php and this opencms require a different point of view for
issue resolution, i have some ideas about but i would like an
experienced advice.

That's the case:
1- The site contains one home and 5 sub section.
2- Home and each sub section have his news and events. (using xsd/xml)
3- each section show only his news/events.

*Question*
4- Home section show his news but can show some news also from other
subsection.

*Possible solution*
1- Add a checkbox in news/events "Publish in homepage" (but i don't like
a unpivileged "editor" user can set this flag, but i don't know how to
avoid)
2- Write custom xsd/xml/jsp and custom widgets to 'select' news from
other modules (is it possible ?)

This possible solution are my best idea, but i'm just a junior opencms
developer, and senior have any advice ?

Many Thanks,
    Cesare