[opencms-dev] Deployment of OpenCMS on shared hosting

Manfred Schenk manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de
Fri Apr 17 09:27:45 CEST 2009

Puneet Mathur schrieb:
> Hello,
>

> I would like to take some help on deploying the OpenCMS on shared hosting.
>

> I am trying to deploying on GoDaddy shared hosting environment which has
> correct version of tomcat and Java installed.

[SNIP]

> Also, on the Godaddy shared hosting, I just have the permission to write
> in /tmp directory, so Log4j logs are being written in /tmp folder which
> is not accessible or available to us.

Is /tmp the only directory with write permissions for the webapps?
If yes, then it will be extremly difficult to get opencms working. I
think the whole exporting of static content etc. will not work..
also the configuration of opencms needs write access to the webapps own
folder. So I think that Godaddy is not a suitable hoster for opencms if
your statement above is true.

Regards,
Manfred

--
| Manfred Schenk              | born between RFC638 and RFC640
| PGP-Keys unter              |