[opencms-dev] How to login user

Christian Steinert christian at christian-steinert.de
Sun Jul 21 12:44:44 CEST 2013

Dear Jakub

I know no possibility to log in somebody programatically without knowing their password. There are only a few exceptions where this is possible (export user, guest user) but I don't think that the API can do this for normal workplace users. You may have to hunt through the source code of CmsObject.loginUser(...) to see if there is any way around this limitation but I could well imagine that it is not possible to do password-less login with a reasonable amount of work. Maybe I am wrong though - I never had a need to dig into the source code for this.

The passwords are hashed before they are stored in the opencms database. This is a good thing but it will prevent your application from knowing these passwords. So if anything you have to hunt for a way to get the user logged in without password.

Good luck!
Christian