[opencms-dev] OpenCms 9 Bootstrap Questions

dayv2005 dpipes at AimNTLS.com
Tue Nov 5 20:05:22 CET 2013

I have a few questions on things that I don't quite understand with the
OpenCms 9 Bootstrap template. Looking for some help to point me in the right
direction because I keep spinning my wheels here.

1.) Looking at /sites/default/demo folder properties. I see that the
template property is being set to
"provider=org.opencms.loader.CmsDefaultTemplateContextProvider" which seems
to be something new in version 9 to set the default template for this
subsitemap to be the bootstrap template. Whereas, /sites/default/dev-demo
folder properties has a template property of
"/system/modules/org.opencms.dev.demo/templates/main.jsp" the way to set
templates in pre 9 versions. Can someone explain to me how this works and
what it is dependent on? I believe this may clean up some of my other
question.

2.) When importing the com.alkacon.bootstrap.contents module "Bootstrap
demo" from the setup, it imports a file
"/system/shared/templatecontexts.json". This file seems to be a json object
that stores rendering details for specific devices. How is this controlled
and what relationship does it have with the template and how can I implement
my own version of this?

3.) Clone a Module question. I was able to successfully clone both the
bootstrap formatters and schemas module just fine. My understanding is that
all module that are dependent on the new bootstrap theme should then be
added to the schemas and formatters modules accordingly. How can I clone the
"V8Twitter" module so that it is imported into these template modules? Or am
I misreading what the clone module is used for?

Basically I am trying to replicate the bootstrap template on my own new site
and these features I'm having trouble understanding. It could be that I'm
new and started using OpenCms in the middle of version 9 being  rolled out
but not fully implemented yet.

Thanks