[opencms-dev] AJAX and GWT

Filip Kratochvil filip.kratochvil at nelasoft.cz
Thu Oct 20 13:06:50 CEST 2016

Hi guys,

we have some problems with GWT on the AJAX based pages.

Example:

We would like to build webapp with few tabs. Tab content is loaded using
AJAX. We have jquery calendar which doesnt use GWT on the first tab and list
of the xmlcontents which uses GWT on the second tab. Switch from first tab
(non GWT) to second tab (GWT) is OK, but when you try switch from sencond
tab to first, javascript error will occurs (only in some browsers) because
GWT is still loaded, but DOM structure was changed and some elements missing
.

My question is that is possible to unload GWTedit points during switch from
the  page to prevent JS errors?

And similar question:

Is it possible to load data using JSON (not using JSP contentload), create
DOM structure using JS and than bind/unbind GWT edit points? It can be
better approach in some cases when you build dynamic webapp.

Thank you for your experiences.

--
S pozdravem / Kind regards
Filip Kratochvil