[opencms-dev] OpenCms 13 So close to multi-site working, just need a smidgeon of help please

Hawke R hawkenterprising at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:57:30 CEST 2022

With just straight Tomcat9, no added Nginx, httpd, or Apache in between.
On a production server, not localhost.
OpenCms 13, Debian 11.

I have the default administrative site working at
opencms1.<domain1>.<tld>:8080
That works fine.
The (first) two test websites and domains work with urls:
http://<domain2>.<tld>/opencms/
http://<domain3>.<tld>/opencms/

It redirects and shows the correct separate websites  and contents for
domains 2 and 3.
But how do I get it so they don't need the /opencms/ after the domain?

Without the /opencms/ added, I get the default "It Works" Tomcat9 page for
each.
I tried with added Apache2 and Nginx, and it just became a looping mess.
What is the correct config tweak to make to Tomcat or OpenCms to get these
serving up correctly by name?

Thanks kindly!
-Hawke