[opencms-dev] Upgrade Wizard does not start

Tobias Karrer kartobi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 14:15:58 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I'm trying to update from OpenCms 10.0.1 to 14.
I downloaded and extracted the upgrade wizard, copied its resources and
WEB-INF folder to the webapp folder.

When starting the tomcat I first got errors as cryptix-jce-provider.jar
and log4j-1.2.17.jar don't contain any classes.
So I kept the "real" jars from old project here.

The server starts up now.

But when calling http://localhost:8080/opencms/update/ I get an 500 error:
HTTP Status 500
OpenCms is not properly initialized!
Please make sure that the OpenCms setup wizard has been run once and is
disabled now.

Any idea what is wrong, or what needs to be done to run the wizard?

BR, Tobias