[opencms-dev] Delete OpenCMS Publish Permission

Malu malupolo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 15:15:24 CET 2022

Hi

We are using OpenCMS v.12.

We want to create a new user that’s only allowed to visualize content of a
site on page editor but not allowed to publish the page.

We tried creating a new group for it, assigning a role with the least
permissions (author role) and denying permissions on several options on the
site, see image:

[image: img1.png]

We noticed that when adding the least of permission (author role) it also
assigned group “Users” to the new user, so we changed the Users group too,
to match the same situation as the brand new created group
[image: img2.png]

Even though of all these changes, it is still capable of publishing trough
oc-toolbar on page editor. Even though we manage to hide other options, it
still has the possibility to click on publish on toolbar:
[image: img3.png]

Are we missing something to achieve this use case?

Thanks in advance

Regards