[opencms-dev] Publish despite broken links

Tobias Karrer kartobi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 12:36:18 CEST 2023

Hi Michael,

> Content editors should not be allowed to publish broken links

Why shouldn't they be allowed? They are Projectmanager are responsible
for what they do.

> I do not see any use case, where publishing a broken link is something
> you want to have in a active website, so why do you want to do this?

Our customer separated their editors in press department and investors
groups - they have edit rights for their part of the website only
(that's why we can't use the role "VFS resource manager").
But as they crosslink press releases and IR news, they are not able to
publish independently - it always fails on one side. So one of links
needs to be added afterwards, after publishing press release /and/ IR
news, or they need someone with VFS resource manager role or Admin
rights to publish.

There won't be a broken link on the website, as formatter does a link
check before rendering the link.

BR, Tobias