[opencms-dev] Issue with Image Upload for ELEMENT_AUTHOR Role

Ramon Gavira Sáenz ramon.gavira at sagasoluciones.com
Fri Jul 14 13:49:38 CEST 2023

We recently upgraded from version 10.5.4 to version 14 of OpenCMS and have encountered an issue related to image uploading for users with the ELEMENT_AUTHOR role.

Specifically, users with the ELEMENT_AUTHOR role are unable to upload images from galleries or directly from the content editing forms.

Upon investigating the issue further, we noticed a role check restriction in a JSP file (/system/workplace/commons/uploadAction.jsp) that requires users to have the editor role in order to perform the image upload. Removing this restriction allows users to upload files from that location, but we are uncertain about the implications of this change.

[cid:image001.png at 01D9B65A.06CEAC60]

Unfortunately, we have not been able to find any documentation regarding this specific behavior or any recommended configuration changes to address the issue.

Could you please provide us with some guidance? Has it been determined that users with the ELEMENT_AUTHOR role should not be able to upload images? Is there a configuration setting that can modify this behavior?

Regards

Ramón Gavira Sáenz