[opencms-dev] Missing Plus in Collector after update to OpenCms 15

Kai Widmann Widmann at mediaworx.de
Tue Sep 12 11:02:37 CEST 2023

Hey again,

if anyone is interested, I found a solution for the first problem. In the sitemap configuration in OpenCms 10 we configured „Adding disabled“ to our list types (e.g PressRelease) to avoid that these types can be added anywhere outside of lists. But adding was still possible that way in lists using OpenCms 10. In OpenCms 15 there’s the new option „Creation, adding and editing enabled in lists only“. Once I configured that, the plus sign was back (but now „add to favourites“ is missing, but I can live with that). So if you’re missing a plus sign on updated environments, check your sitemap configuration (or module configuration).

The second problem still prevails, content added in detail containers is not displayed. It’s not only affecting existing content that was imported, but also new content. If I for example create a new PressRelease and add a new element to the detail content, it’s displayed while I’m still editing the page. But if I leave the page and return to it at a later time, the content is gone. I can see in the explorer that the detailContainer for the PressRelease was stored as expected, also the connected content shows the expected connection in „links to element“. Yet if I open up the PressRelease, all I see is an empty detail container.
If anyone has ever encountered something like this or has any hints what could go wrong, I be delighted.

Thanks in advance, kind regards

Kai