[opencms-dev] XSD fields mapping locale-specific properties

Ramon Gavira Sáenz ramon.gavira at sagasoluciones.com
Fri Oct 20 11:00:22 CEST 2023

Hello, my question is about mapping files to locale-specific properties. Is it possible to configure this behavior?

To read locale-specific properties, OpenCms 10.5 introduces a mechanism for simulating multilingual properties. Property names can be extended with a locale-specific postfix and then can be read in a locale-specific manner. For instance, in addition to the property "Title," we can add properties like "Title_de" and "Title_fr." When we request the "Title" property for German, we retrieve the value of "Title_de." Similarly, for French, we get the value of "Title_fr." In English, we simply receive "Title," as "Title_en" is not provided.

My question is whether it is possible to configure locale-specific mapping so that the system maps the English "Title" field to the "Title_en" property and, if a German title exists, it maps to "Title_de."

Thank you!

Ramón Gavira Sáenz