[opencms-dev] XSD's

Michael Emmerich m.emmerich at alkacon.com
Mon Jan 22 10:01:38 CET 2024

Hello Atle,

thanks for providing your module. I downloaded and tested it, and what
should I say - it worked without any issue.

So here is what I did:

1) Made a fresh installation of OpenCms 16 on a Linux box, using Tomcat
9,  OpenJdk 1.8 and MySql 8.0

2) For the installation I selected the defaults everywhere, so the
installation was with the Mercury Demo.

3) After OpenCms was set up, I have installed your module
"org.enerson.core", installation proceeded without any issue.

4) I created a new Site in my system. While doing so, I selected your
template "/system/modules/org.enersen.core/templates/enersen.jsp" as the
template to be used

5) The site was created with the .content folder inside of it an an
index.html in its site root.

6) I clicked on the "index.html" and your template is shown.

7) I now used the "new" function to pull something on the page. All
Mercury content types were shown disabled (as they do not match to the
container in your template). Your "Ensens Article" content is active and
can be dragged into the template. No error occurs.

8) I then edited the content that was dragged to the page, which was
also possible without an error.

So to sum it up, the module that I downloaded worked as it should and I
could not reproduce the error. So my best guess is that something is
wrong in your installation or you have something additional in the
system that causes the problem. Although I do not know what this might be.

Can you try to do the steps that I described and check if this works? If
not, it would be helpful to provide a complete opencms.log

Kind regards,

Michael