opencms-dev RE: few more informations needed

Alex alex at opencms.com
Wed Mar 1 18:11:29 CET 2000

Hi Fritz,

> After the study of www.opencms.com I have some additional
> questions how to install and running the system:
>
> 1. Which version of jdk you recommend (1.1.6, 1.1.7,1.2.2)?

We recommend the latest 1.1.x release.

> 2. What are the needed steps for importing the database structure if I
> use an Oracle database?

For using orcale as a database you must look into the com.opencms.file
package. There are some classes which have "mysql" attached. These classes
contain the SQL statements. These will probably have to be edited to work
with different databases.

> 3. You mentioned that you have tested the system against both - Linux
> and NT. You have an installation instruction for a NT box?

Installation on NT should work the same way as on Unix, provided you use the
Windows ports of Apache, Jserv and mySQL. We currently have not tried it
with IIS, but it worked some time ago. Setting up Jrun for the servlets was
pain, though, so we switched to Apache / Jserv.

Best Regards,

Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group