[opencms-dev] installation worked, another problem

Wolfram Stumpf stumpf at rancon.de
Wed Mar 15 12:37:09 CET 2000

Benjamin Grimm wrote:

> now I'm getting a "server misconfiguration" site when I want to login to
> the system.
> the error "java null pointer" is logged in opencms.log.
The NullPointerException is a very common error message in Java. Did you
follow the installation instructions (setup of the JServ configuration,
adapting the opencms.properties file, ...)? I deleted one line to much
in opencms.properties, and that lead to a NPE.
> are there any options to set in a config file ? (document root , or are
> all the files in the db ?)
The templates, html-code, ... are in the database. This is the reason,
why you have to wait for some time, until the database setup is
complete.

Greetings

	Wolfram Stumpf