AW: [opencms-dev] OpenCMS running! Now, what?

Emmerich, Michael m.emmerich at mindfact.com
Wed Mar 22 14:48:49 CET 2000

Sven,

>First thing I did was creating a new project. Then, I tried to create a
>new folder for that project. In explorer view, I changed to / and
>selected "New...", then Folder. The OpenCMS changed the view to the
>existing news folder.

New folders cannot be created with the current workplace, but the next
release will  add all folder functions.

>Furthermore, I would need to add users for each project member. The
>appropriate button in the admin window remains greyed out, even after I
>created the new project. So my guess is that this is not implemented
>yet(?). Can I manually add Users to the data base or is there a "magic
>word" to get this button working ;-)

Users cannot be added via the workplace at the moment, but you can add them
useing the  CmsShell. Login as Admin in the shell and add a user by typing :

addUser "username" "password" Group "Description"

The user manager for the workplace will be added in one of the next
releases.

Michael
mailto:m.emmerich at mindfact.com