[opencms-dev] Installation fails

Andy Bailey abailey at cic-net.com
Fri Mar 31 11:47:08 CEST 2000

> Hi,
>
> though this is the developer list I hope I´m in the right
> place for asking questions on the installation of the
> OpenCMS software.
>
> I have tried installing the current version 40a23 on
> a FreeBSD system and a Linux system. The installation
> fails at the same stage in both tries.
>
> The versions of the additional components is as follows:
>
> - Linux: SuSe Linux 6.0 or
> - FreeBSD: 3.4-Current

Hi,

I had this problem too, in my case I was using Xerces1.0.3 but the jar file
was somehow a lot smaller than it should have been (why didn't Java blow up
I wonder). Reinstalling the xerces.jar file after d/l ing it again solved
the problem.

I was getting some errors from the initialising cmssetup.txt however the
whole thing
ran to its end.

Should I go back to Xerces.1.0.0, in which case why, as the API is the same
for our
purposes?

Andy Bailey