[opencms-dev] AW: Language File

Emmerich, Michael Michael.Emmerich at framfab.de
Thu Apr 6 13:49:29 CEST 2000

Paolo,

>I've a BIG problem with opencms:
>
>I do not understand german
>
>I try to translate the file
>/system/workplace/config/language/de from german to
>italian (I use the xml tags for reference :-)).

Wow!

>How can install the ita language file inside opencms?

Just put the file into the /system/workplace/config/language/ folder with
the name "it".
The file should include the <name>Italian</name> Tag.

To upload the file into the system, you must create a new project which
includes the /system/workplace/config/language/ folder, and upload the file
there.
After you have published the project, go to the user preferences (the
"hammer icon"), select
the "Starteinstellungen" where you can select the language for the current
user.

Btw, it would be great if we could add your italian language file to one of
the next OpenCms builds.

Michael Emmerich
mailto:michael.emmerich at framfab.de