[opencms-dev] how to add a new project?

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Sat Apr 29 19:14:19 CEST 2000

> i've got opencms 40a26 running on suse6.3.
> i have tried to add a new project to opencms. the files for that project
> reside in a folder on my local harddrive.
> but the way i tried didn't work.

You can only add files to a project which are either in the OpemCms
database or mounted under a mount point.

> can anybody give me a hint on how to a new project to opencms and how to add
> a new mount point?

To get the files form your local harddrive accessible from OpenCms the
easies way is to mount the folder with those files into the system. To
add a new mount point do the following:

- Create a project in OpenCms which contains the root folder. This might
take a while.
- In the project, create a new folder which will be the mountpoint for
your files on the hard drive
- Publish the project, the folder is now available in the online
project.
- Start the CmsShell
- Login as the Admin (login admin admin)
- create the new mountpoint: createMountPoint "mountpoint in OpenCms"
"path to your folder on local drive" "unique name for this mountpoint"
Guest Guests plain "383"
- restart the OpenCms and you can access the files at the mountpoint. To
edit whem within OpenCms, you have to set up a new project containing
the mountpoint folder. Make sure that OpenCms has access rights to write
into the folder of your local disk.

In the porject, you then can copy the files into the database or export
them into a OpenCms export file which could be imported in OpenCms
again.

You might take a look at the init scripts to see the syntax for other
CmsShell commands.

> is there any user manual already available?

No, I am afraid not.

Hope I could help you.

Michael

Private: emmerich at german-navy.de
Work   : michael.emmerich at framfab.de
ICQ    : 18897063
WWW    : http://www.german-navy.de
         German Naval History & Home of the Squirrel Observatory