[opencms-dev] Installation Problems

m.gerhards at wbi.de m.gerhards at wbi.de
Mon May 8 20:26:32 CEST 2000

Hi,
I am new on this project and having some installation problems. I am using
RedHat 6.1 with mysql and opencms v25.

Everything works fine until step 6 of the installation. If I try to access the pics
in the pics folder with

> readFile "/system/workplace/pics/system/opencms.gif"

I get the ERROR:

[CmsException]: 2 Not found
Detailed Error: [com.opencms.file.CmsAccessFileFilesystem] \
/system/workplace/pics/system/opencms.gif

But the cmssetup.txt seems to have the correct mount point set:

addMountPoint "/system/workplace/pics/" "/usr/local/apache/htdocs/pics" \
pics Guest Guests plain "383"

Ignoring theese problems I can install the opencms correctly, but an Error
occured when I execute it via Apache. Message:

 ajp11: Servlet Error: java.lang.NullPointerException: null

Thanks for help

Matthias Gerhards
wbi - wissensbasierte informationssysteme
Mauritiuswall 30-32
50676 Koeln

tel: 0221 92160526
fax: 0221 92160566