[opencms-dev] version numbers, please

Simon Berg simonb at gmx.net
Sat May 27 00:36:58 CEST 2000

dear opencms-community,

like some other people here, i've got some trouble running opencms.
<sigh>just another newbie</sigh>
installation went fine, i'm able to work in the opencms shell. it's also
possible to login using the browser. and the example-pages display
properly.

so i'm hoping that i didn't omit some obvious precondition.

the frameset after the login screen starts to build as it is supposed to
do. the last frame that is loaded is the big content-frame. this is
where i always get this nasty system error telling me that
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException occurred.

i read in earlier articles that at least one of you finally succeeded by
using xerces 1.0 instead of some later version. i can not confirm this.
using xerces 1.0 i only get http error 500 for all pages. xerces 1.0.4
and 1.1.0 are working much better for me, but each of these is showing
the same problem with that strange exception.

could anybody please post some working setup data? which versions of the
different components do smoothly cooperate?

here is my setup:

linux 2.2.13
apache 1.3.9
sun jdk 1.1.7B
sun jsdk 2.0
jserv 1.0
xerces 1.0 || 1.0.4 || 1.1.0
mysql.jdbc 2.0pre5
opencms 4.0.28

tia

--
best regards & peace     Simon Berg (simonb at gmx.net)

every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.