[opencms-dev] Problems with the installation of Open CMS 40.30

Franke.S at zdf.de Franke.S at zdf.de
Thu Sep 21 16:59:08 CEST 2000

Hello experts,

my name is Sascha Franke. I have a question concerning step 6 of the OpenCMS
installation manual on the OpenCMS homepage. I hope you can help me or you
can tell me where I can get the best help.
At first here is some information about the configuration of my system:
-SuSE Linux 7.0 Professional
-Apache Web Server 1.3.12
-JDK 1.1.8 and JSDK 2.0
-Apache JServ 1.1.2
-MySQL 3.23.10-alpha
-OpenCMS 40.30

The first problem was to find class "com.opencms.core.CmsShell" which should
be executed in the command line. There is only a class
com.opencms.setup.CmsShell in the archive opencms.jar in my opencms_40.30
folder.
So I changed the command line given in the installation manual to the
following command line:
java -mx64M -classpath opencms.jar:xerces.jar:mysql_uncomp.jar
com.opencms.setup.CmsShell config/opencms.properties < config/cmssetup.txt

When I write this command line I get the following error:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: config/opencms.properties
	at com.opencms.setup.CmsShell.init(CmsShell.java:91)
	at com.opencms.setup.CmsShell.main(CmsShell.java:69)

What did I wrong? I'm hopefully waiting for an answer.

Bye, Sascha Franke