[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Install

Mark Polsen mpolsen at flashcom.net
Thu Sep 28 09:34:58 CEST 2000

Hi Jeroen & Steffen,

I took both of your suggestions and looked over my configuration again. I
included the link to the mysql.jar to where it
resides on my server but did not set up the repositories paths in the
zone.properties file yet. I'm now trying to initialize
the database (step 6 from the install) and no longer get the

Caught Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver

message. I now get another message

Caught Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to
data source

        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsException.<init>(CmsException.java:323)
        at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:98)
        at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.<init>(OpenCms.java:125)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.init(CmsShell.java:1031)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.main(CmsShell.java:1104)

I'm not sure if this is permissions problem now. I looked through the config
files again and cannot find anything I didn't set. I even
checked the database permissions.

Thanks,

Mark Polsen