[opencms-dev] Performance

Franke.S at zdf.de Franke.S at zdf.de
Fri Sep 29 11:56:21 CEST 2000

Hi,

Like a lot of other OpenCMS users I have a performance problem. At first
heres an overview of my system's configuration:
-SuSE Linux 7.0
-Apache Web Server 1.3.12
-Apache Jserv 1.1.2
-jdk 1.3

I suggest the biggest problem is the Java Virtual Machine. I changed the JVM
from version 1.2.2 to the newest version 1.3 for Linux in the
jserv.properties file. In comparison to the performance with JVM 1.2.2 the
new JVM ist really fast. I think the advantage is about 50%. Now it's
possible to  work efficiently with OpenCMS. Perhaps you should try the new
JVM too. It will surely speed up your system.
The JDK 1.3 Linux release is available at: http://www.java.sun.com

Bye

Sascha Franke
ZDF-Mainz