[opencms-dev] Own template-classes

Franke.S at zdf.de Franke.S at zdf.de
Tue Oct 31 14:09:55 CET 2000

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to write my own template classes to get content from an SQL
server into my website. I followed the instructions in the Template-Manual
and made a test with the class CmsHello. My servlets reside in the directory
/usr/loca/httpd/servlets. So I created a subdirectory of .../servlets named
testpackage and put the class Cms Hello in it. Now, when I call the method
getHello from  the body-template of my testside i get the folowing error
message:
CmsException]: 29 OpenCms class loader error
Detailed Error: Could not load template class JdbcConnect. JdbcConnect
Caught Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: JdbcConnect

	at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
	at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
	at com.opencms.core.CmsException.<init>(CmsException.java:328)
Has anybody experience in creating own template-classes or does anybody know
what's the problem in my case? Any help would be appreciated.

Bye,

Sascha Franke
ZDF-Mainz
Mail: Franke.S at zdf.de