[opencms-dev] user defined template classes

Franke.S at zdf.de Franke.S at zdf.de
Mon Nov 6 16:18:17 CET 2000

Hi everybody,

For several days I'm trying to create my own template classes and methods. I
tried the "CmsHello" Class and got it working. Now I would like to add my
own methods to this class, because I would like to get access to an
SQL-server for creating dynamic content.
There are 4 parameters that the method getHello expects:CmsObject cms,
String tagcontent, A_CmsXmlContent doc and Object userObject.
When I try to add further parameters to this method, it can't be found by
Open CMS when I request a webside, which uses the class CmsHello. Also a
method without any parameters can't be found. Do I always have to use the 4
parameters I mentioned above and how can I add further parameters. Perhaps
somebody of the Open CMS developers can help me because I tried to get some
advise from the Open CMS mailing list but nobody answered.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sascha Franke
ZDF-Mainz
Mail: Franke.S at zdf.de