AW: [opencms-dev] import of exported files

Jeroen Habets Jeroen.Habets at framfab.nl
Wed Dec 20 15:17:07 CET 2000

Sorry,

You are absolutely right: The manifest file has to be altered too.

Export your files from within OpenCMS
extract the manifest.xml: zip myarchive.zip manifest.xml
edit the manifest.xml, see below
update the archive: zip -u myarchive.zip manifest.xml
Import your archive from within OpenCMS

Editing manifest.xml:
Do not modify the <source> tags this is the path stored in the archive
Modify the <destination> tags to suit your needs.
NOTE: when you specify another directory, you need to make a <file> tag for that

other directory.

Example for directory mydir:
        <file>
            <destination>mydir</destination>
            <type>folder</type>
            <user>Admin</user>
            <group>Users</group>
            <access>79</access>
            <properties/>
        </file>

Example for a file in mydir (originally in system/workplace/css/format.css):
        <file>
            <source>system/workplace/css/format.css</source>
            <destination>mydir/format.css</destination>
            <type>plain</type>
            <user>Admin</user>
            <group>Users</group>
            <access>79</access>
            <properties/>
        </file>

I hope this is of more help.
Although editing of the manifest.xml seems a lot of work, most edits can be done
by
automatic search/replaces. (Tip: search for <destination>oldir) so you don't
alter the <source > tags.

Jeroen