[opencms-dev] Problem using mysql db

Andreas Linde andreas.linde at os2.org
Thu Jan 11 10:21:12 CET 2001

Hi everyone,

I tried to install opencms for the first time, using apache and resin-1.1.5 as servlet engine (I know this
might be unsupported, as it says in the doc).
But anyway, the problem seems to be on connecting to the database, and I cannot find the error. The
database runs perfectly with other applications, like PHP. user is "root"  and passwort is empty.

Thanks

  andreas linde

Here is the log-data, I hope someone can help since I couldn't find any docs for that:

[E:\httpdphp\opencms_4.1.48]java -mx64M com.opencms.core.CmsShell config/opencms
.properties  0<config/cmssetup.txt
[OpenCms] creating first cms-object
[OpenCms] initializing the main resource-broker
[CmsRbManager] ressourcebroker-name: mySql
[CmsRbManager] ressourcebroker-classname: com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsResourceBrok
er
[CmsRbManager] got rb-class
[CmsRbManager] created rb-instance
[CmsResourceBroker] init the dbaccess-module.
[CmsDbAccess] init the dbaccess-module.
[CmsDbAccess] read driver from configurations: org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
[CmsDbAccess] read url from configurations: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/opencms4
1
[CmsDbAccess] read user from configurations: opencms
[CmsDbAccess] read maxConn from configurations: 10
[CmsDbAccess] read digest from configurations: MD5
[CmsDbAccess] read guard-sleeptime from configurations: 120
[CmsDbAccess] digest created, using: sun.security.provider.MD5 Message Digest <i
ncomplete>

[CmsRbManager] Critical error while loading resourcebroker.
[OpenCms] [CmsException]: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed Error: Critical
 error while loading resourcebroker. .
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.printPrompt(CmsShell.java:269)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.commands(CmsShell.java:161)
        at com.opencms.core.CmsShell.main(CmsShell.java:207)
[CmsException]: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed Error: Critical error whi
le loading resourcebroker. . Caught Exception: >[CmsException]: 4 Sql exception.
 Detailed Error: NO MESSAGE. Caught Exception: >java.sql.SQLException: Server co
nfiguration denies access to data source<<

  OS2.org
  Online Producer
  Andreas Linde
  email: andreas.linde at os2.org