AW: [opencms-dev] FAQ or cms-dev list archive?

Simon Wilks simon.wilks at silion.ch
Fri Jan 12 22:13:55 CET 2001

Hi Mike (it's me again!),

Actually, the demo is (sorry guys) a bit dissapointing. The best thing you
can do is read through the PDF user guide and template construction guide
and build something up step by step from there. I know what your
thinking.... ;o)

If you REALLY need a demo site and can wait till the end of next week I can
send you a simple but clean one (I just need to test the import function
first on a foreign OpenCms installation). Let me know.

Regarding the import...the only "instruction" I found for importing was in
the one of the configuration files itself. As you remember during the
installation process you entered a line at the command line, something like
this:

java ....a hundred parameters ... < cmssetup.txt

Look at the last few lines that contain:

createProject  "__setupproj" "The project to setup the cms" Administrators
Administrators
setCurrentProject 2
copyResourceToProject "/"
importResources "d:/opencms/workplace/"
publishProject "2"

You will need to do something similar. Start OpenCms from the command line
without "< cmssetup.txt" and enter something like this:

login Admin admin
createProject  "import examples" "The project to setup cms examples"
Administrators Administrators
setCurrentProject <enter-the-number-returned-by-the-previous-command-here>
copyResourceToProject "/"
importResources "<path-to-your-examples.zip-file>"
publishProject "<projectid-as-in-the-second-command>"

Well, that's the only thing I could work out anyway. Hope it works for you.

Regards,

Simon Wilks
software engineer
simon.wilks at silion.ch
silion (switzerland) ag    software engineering
spinnereistrasse 8              9008 st. gallen
tel 0878 80 90 60             fax 0878 80 90 30
info at silion.ch                    www.silion.ch

a member of the Penta Group   www.pentagroup.ch