AW: [opencms-dev] case sensitivity

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at nads.de
Mon Jan 15 17:22:09 CET 2001

Hello,

i tried to reconstruct the errors under my useraccount in my home
directory, but everything went well!!!

Then i tried it as root in /usr/local/ how i did last time and the same
problems appeared.
Here is what i did:

root at localhost:~ # cd /usr/local
root at localhost:/usr/local/ # unzip /home/hartmann/opencms_4.1.46.zip
root at localhost:/usr/local/ # ls opencms_4.1.46/workplace/templates/

<snip>

chgrp                                      news_admin_content
chmod                                      news_admin_head
chown                                      news_edit
chpwd                                      news_edit_content
chtype                                     newsadminbackoffice
contexttemplate                            newsbodybackoffice
copy                                       newsdeletebackoffice
delete                                     newseditbackoffice
downbrowsertemplate                        newseditbodybackoffice
downctrl                                   newsheadbackoffice
downlist                                   newslisttemplate
downlisttemplate                           paneltemplate
downloadbrowser                            picctrl

</snip>

how you can see all news* files appear in lower case.

I can't imagine why this happens as root and why not as normal user.
But maybe a tarball would be the better choice for Linux.

Regards
Stephan

Am 15.01.01, 14:23:43, schrieb Andreas Schouten
<Andreas.Schouten at framfab.de> zum Thema AW: [opencms-dev] case sensitivity: