WG: [opencms-dev] problems with the template mechanism

Michael Billanitsch mbillanitsch at onyx.tv
Mon Jan 29 18:47:37 CET 2001

ok, now i'm allmost through, i've fixed all my xml parsing errors. i have
compiled the CmsExample4.class as mentioned in the template documentation.
my problem is now to get the right output from the new java class. when i
try to have a look at the file index7.html, i get the following output:

">Hello, World ? UNKNOWN DATABLOCK greeting"

this is the source code of the index7.html:

"<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>>Hello, World ? UNKNOWN DATABLOCK greeting"

i think there is also some HTML code cut of, while opencms generates the
file. in the logfile i don't get an error message, just this:

[29.01.2001 18:11:17] <opencms_cache> [CmsTemplateCache] Getting
9:Admin/index7.html/content/templates/vorlage4body._TEMPLATE_/content/bodys/
index7.htmlbody._CLASS_com.opencms.template.CmsXmlTemplatenull from cache.

so i have the same question as last time: has anybody an idea, what I have
done wrong?

kind regards,
Michael Billanitsch