[opencms-dev] Installation finished - can't acces opencms

Steve Tulk stevil at stevil.net
Tue Jan 30 21:34:11 CET 2001

I've gotten through the entire setup process, but I'm unable to access
opencms.  Basically i just get a Not Found when requesting the login.html
page (http://stevil.net/cms/system/workplace/action/login.html)

I did use the latest version of Tomcat instead of JServ, but grepped the
tomcat config files and managed to find where to enter the configuration
options should go.  Does opencms absoultly not work with tomcat?  Tomcat
does mount the opencms directory at stevil.net/cms

The only other anomoly that I can find is this:

When I enter this command in cmsShell

readFile "/system/workplace/action/start.html"

I get

[Resource]:/system/workplace/action/start.html ID: 1041 ParentID: 910 ,
Project=1 , User=2 , Group=3 : Access=rwvr------ : Resource-type=2 :
Locked=-1 : length=168 : state=0

Instead of what is stated in the installation instructions.  Is this
significant?