[opencms-dev] New launcher and template classes for JPEG files

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Sun Feb 4 23:48:49 CET 2001

Hello developers,

i've written a new launcher and template for jpeg files and have tested it
successfully by replacing the CmsDumpTemplate.
Its features are so far:
- scaling by appendíng a parameter size=xx doing proportional scaling by
setting its bigger dimension to xx
- scaling by appending two parameters width=xx&height=yy (selfexplaining)

For example it could be useful for generating whole thumbnailed image
galleries by using only one <ELEMENT> tag with a given image gallery name
and a corresponding template class.

Now i found the places in CmsLauncherManager and I_CmsLauncher to add
C_TYPE_JPEG and add "CmsJPEGLauncher" to C_KNOWN_LAUNCHERS and did some
changes in config/cmssetup.txt and the manifest.xml.
At startup the new Launcher is loaded successfully, but uploading a .jpg
file only gives me the choice between binary, plain, script and image, so
the CmsDumpLauncher will be used for this file, if i choose image.
Can you tell me where to do the changes forcing the system to recognize the
correct file type on its own, or at least add a new radio button for jpegs?

I would be happy to throw my code to the cvs.

regards
Stephan

ps: i will soon try to do the same for gifs.