AW: [opencms-dev] export static html

Marcus J. Ertl marcus.ertl at schuellermann.de
Wed Feb 21 19:58:16 CET 2001

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:21:03 +0100, Simon Wilks wrote:

Hi!

>One thing you could use is an offline web browser utility that will download
>your entire site that you have published to a local directory. You can then
>take the created directory structure and publish it as a static site.

Well, this would work, but it isn't either spiffy nor effectiv. What I
think a real sideupdate per ftp. Only pages changed since last update
should be uploaded. And it should be possible for each projectmanager
to put his projects on to online-system.

Perhabs this is something for the development team? I think there are
more people out, they want a cms-system in their lan/intranet, and a
webserver at the internet. (And this would be a very cheap solution,
because you would be able to use a very cheap webhosting solution, but
still can do the work very  confortable in a team!)

Bye
  Marcus