[opencms-dev] OpenCms and Xerces 1.3.0

Alexander Lucas Alexander.Lucas at framfab.de
Thu Mar 8 14:19:36 CET 2001

Hello,

during the last weeks problems with xerces 1.3.0 and OpenCms
occured. When using this version of xerces, the login box
showes strange characters and login is not possible.

I have checked this and noticed the same problems.
These effects seem to base on a bug in the xerces 1.3.0
release. Unfortunately, we couldn't find an easy and
quick workaround to make this version usable with
OpenCms.

In the meantime, the Apache Xerces team has fixed
this error. However, currently there is no new
build of xerces, so we have to wait for the
next release coming. The CVS repository of xerces is updated,
so if you *really* want to use the latest xerces version
you may checkout the recent source and make your own
xerces.jar.

Regards
Alexander

mailto:alexander.lucas at framfab.de