Antwort: [opencms-dev] OpenCMS Demo sites?

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Sat Mar 17 12:38:18 CET 2001

Larry,

> Thanks for the links.  http://www.welivit.de/ looks very nice.   Does
> anyone know if the User management on this site is part of OpenCMS or
> a seperate component?

You can use the OpenCms user management on the frontend as well. Welivit
however extends the core user mangement of OpenCms by an additional
module to store and maintain additional information required by the
portal and to have a clear seperation of the user management of the
community users and editors maintaining the site.

> Also, we are very interested in the ability
> for users to leave comments on stories ( ala http://slashcode.com ) ,
> is this possible within the OpenCMS framework?

Not with the core system of OpenCms alone since you require an
additional database table to store the comments. On the welivit site,
there is a very similar feature you describe, each article can be
commented by the registered users. But this is also an additional module
made for the welivit site, using the OpenCms core API to be integrated
into the system.

Bye,
	Michael

Home   : emmerich at german-navy.de