[opencms-dev] XML not being parsed

Emre Bastuz info at emre.de
Sun Mar 25 17:17:32 CEST 2001

Hi,

last time I tested OpenCMS was about one year ago.

Back then the installation procedure was a pain -
and it still is now :-)

Nevertheless I´m giving it a try a came over some
obstacle I don´t know how to overcome:

I have completed the installation steps as stated in
the docs. Everything went smoothly except when I call
the login page with IE 5, I get the XML source code.

Somehow the XML content is not being parsed I guess.

I did some tweaking for the directory structure as the
default config files are mostly set up for Windows machines.

I want to get OpenCMS going on my FreeBSD box, so this is
how the structure looks like:

/usr/local/apache-jserv/htdocs	contains all files from workplace/*
and looks like this
action          config          css             help            moduledemos     restypes
administration  content         download        manifest.xml    pics            templates
export

/usr/local/jserv/libexec contains
ApacheJServ.jar         fop_bin.jar             mm.mysql-2.0.1-bin.jar  xerces.jar
activation.jar          mail.jar                opencms.jar

/usr/local/apache-jserv/opencms42/ contains
cmsshell.sh     config          doc             history.txt     license.txt     modules         src
sync

My adaptions in the config files where as follows:

- opencms.properties

exportpoint.0 = /pics/
exportpoint.path.0 = /usr/local/apache-jserv/htdocs/pics/
exportpoint.1 = /download/
exportpoint.path.1 = /usr/local/apache-jserv/htdocs/download/
exportpoint.2 = /system/workplace/pics/
exportpoint.path.2 = /usr/local/apache-jserv/htdocs/pics/system/

- cmssetup.txt

writeExportPath "/usr/local/apache-jserv/htdocs/export/"

- registry.xml

<syncpath>/usr/local/apache-jserv/opencms42/sync</syncpath>

- zone.properties

repositories=/usr/local/jserv/servlets
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/opencms.jar
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/xerces.jar
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/mm.mysql-2.0.1-bin.jar
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/mail.jar
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/activation.jar
repositories=/usr/local/jserv/libexec/fop_bin.jar

To be honest, I don´t know what´s going wrong. I have no error
entries in the logfiles of Apache or Jserv.

Still the XML content is not being parsed.

Anyone got an idea ?

Regards,

Emre

--