AW: [opencms-dev] access rights to resources

Simon Wilks simon.wilks at silion.ch
Mon May 14 10:25:52 CEST 2001

Hi Stephan,

Regarding you Apache problem, I installed OpenCms with Tomcat and set it up
to use the a url without the servlet in the url. Check out the Tomcat
install guide at opencms.com to see how. So far it works well for me.

In summary, in the web.xml I have:

     <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>
               opencms
          </servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>
               /opencms/*
          </url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

and in the httpd.conf (or whatever) file:

JkMount /opencms/* ajp13

If you change this on an existing problem, you will of course have problems
with images, as the url is absolute and will have the incorrect path. What I
do in this case is export everything, unzip it, do a search and replace on
the path, rezip and import.

Regards,

Simon.