[opencms-dev] ClassCastException - any ideas ?

Warrell Harries warrell.harries at gojobsite.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 18:03:02 CEST 2001

> I guess you just call javac and use unzip to extract the other class
files.

As long as the opencms.jar file is in your class path then it should compile
without errors. (you will get a warning about use of a deprecated api but
ignore that).  You can then use the jar tool to update the class file in
opencms.jar

To avoid the rather arcane jar command line interface I use the latest GUI
shareware version of windows PkZip which can hande .jar files. (make sure
you specify that option when installing it).

However, whatever tool you use you will need to do so from a directory tree
that mirrors the package name structure e.g. /com/opencms/core/

Then you will be at the same point as me and will probably find the session
bug when you come to publishing a project. Oh, and before that, if you
install the new module you may have to manually put the class files into
your classpath.

Good luck