[opencms-dev] Re: opencms error

Luis lumiort at iies.es
Fri Jul 13 11:01:19 CEST 2001

Hi Patric.

I'm not an expert in java, so I only can tell you  what I did.

First I download all the components that OpenCms needs, from the original web
sites (Sun, Apache, etc.). Well, the system didn't works. I like SuSE Linux (my
distribution). I think it's a very good Linux distribution but the best way to
work with it, is using its rpm's.

I uninstall the JSDK that I download from the Sun's site and install the SuSE
rpm's java.rpm (JDK), java2.rpm (J2SDK) and javarunt.rpm (JRE). With this rpm's
SuSE puts all I need in /usr/lib/java/bin/, so I only need to change the
mistake in my "jserv.properties".

Perhaps there are something to do in the installation of your JVM.

I think it's a little help for you, sorry.