[opencms-dev] Problems with Communicator 4.7 on Linux

Hans-Josef Koehler hjk at paderlinx.de
Thu Aug 9 11:36:05 CEST 2001

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 10:02:29AM +0200, Stephan Hartmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if i try to make an advanced istallation and come to the point where the
> setup wizard is checking jdk version and servlet engine (i get an attention
> because i am using tomcat 3.2.3 i think) pressing the continue button brings
> me back to the start screen where to choose standard or advanced setup
> (notice was checked).
>
> From a windows box with IE it worked fine and was a joy.

I had the same experience with NS 4.77 on linux and tomcat 3.3-b1.

On NS, the explorer-view shows only grey frames in the middle of the
screen. (Admin- and Task-view is ok)

Is IE the only browser that works reasonably?

Or is someone successfully using an alternative browser, especially on
non-MS-systems?

Bye, Hajo