[opencms-dev] locking and stealing locks within projects

Leon Oosthuizen@iCommerce Leon.Oosthuizen at za.didata.com
Wed Aug 15 12:51:44 CEST 2001

> > 2)  Shouldn't steal lock only be available to the Admin
> group and the
> > current project admin group for resources of the current project?
>
> This is obviously a matter of taste. We belive that it's
> better that anyone
> (given he has permissions) can easily do changes to the content.

This still means that you can loose your changes because someone else (with
write permission) is stealing your lock while you're editing.

> > 4)  Is there a way to structure a project (folder) in such a
> > way that a
> > project user can only lock and change (including transfer of
> > ownership)
> > resources they own (i.e. curent user is resource owner),
> > while a project
> > manager of the project can lock/steal lock/change any
> resource in the
> > project?
>
> The way to do it would be to structure the project folders
> with apropriate
> group / file permissions. That might not lead 100% to the
> result requested,
> but would come close.

Would this be

  projectfolder: rwv r-v r--

and everything below it as well?  The compromise being Project Manager
really treated the same as project user.

Thanks
Leon

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com