[opencms-dev] OpenCms Report (Oliver Faulhaber, Push Interactive)

O_Faulhaber at push-interactive.de O_Faulhaber at push-interactive.de
Wed Sep 5 13:45:51 CEST 2001

Ok. We tracked the following:

1. While creating a page in the workspace, german characters (like 'ä', 'ö',
etc.) are not allowed (for example in the title or navigation text input
field). Entering one of these characters will cut off the input and the page
control file will be created incorrectly.

2. Be careful while editing a language file of a module. When a language
file is syntactically incorrect, OpenCms crashes and is not able to reboot!
The only way known to us to recover the system, is to manually search and
edit the corrupt entries in the SQL data base.

3. In past emails it was suggested to simply rename the warfile to get more
than one copy of opencms on a machine (with Tomcat). If we do so, we get a
lot of IndexOutOfBounsExceptions while working within the workspace. Not
always, but very often if the system is to be administered (uploading
modules, creating projects, etc.). We determined this effect on both,
Linux/Apache and NT4/IIS. The Effect will not occur when we use the port
8080 in the URL. Therefore we assume that it is a specific problem of
Tomcat.

4. We are looking for a possibility to automatically let appear all editable
bodies of a template in the body selection box in the WYSIWYG-Editor after
creating a new page within the workspace. Is the manual addition and
renaming of new bodies in the WYSIWYG-Editor through the user really the
only way?

Regards,
Oliver