[opencms-dev] Basics of OpenCMS configuration...

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Thu Sep 6 20:40:45 CEST 2001

Hi Martin,

the most common way is to let apache send a redirect if /index.html is
requested.
try this in apaches httpd.conf:
Redirect   /index.html
http://servername/servlets/opencms/index.html

You have to use a full url path for the second parameter.

I instead used to export my virtual index.html as static export to the
apache document root, but in version 4.4.0 this doesn't work as it
used to in earlier versions. (method getServletPath returns a null in
statically exported files). This was ok since my index.html was a
frameset and didn't contain any dynamically generated data, but the
redirect is as good.

I hope this helps.

Stephan